There are many wonderful curated resources the WebdriverIO community has put together.
Make sure to contribute yours at
- WebdriverIO Ecosystem
- Research & Training
- WebdriverIO Open Collective - Help support the teams ongoing development efforts.
- WebdriverIO 4.x - WebdriverIO 4.x Documentation.
- WebdriverIO 5.x - WebdriverIO 5.x Documentation.
- WebdriverIO 6.x - WebdriverIO 6.x Documentation.
- WebdriverIO 7.x - WebdriverIO 7.x Documentation.
- WebdriverIO 8.x - WebdriverIO 8.x Documentation.
People passionate about WebdriverIO (In no particular order)
- Christian Bromann - Staff Software Engineer at the Open Source Program Office at Sauce Labs.
- Kevin Lamping - Senior Front End Engineer.
- Wim Selles - Senior Solutions Architect at Sauce Labs.
The following references give you more information on how to financially support the project.
- WebdriverIO Community Services - A set of community maintained services.
- Wdi5 - Cross-platform test framework for hybrid UI5 apps. wdi5 = Webdriver.IO + UI5 Test API + appium.
- ChromeDriver - Run Chrome browser seamlessly when running tests.
- SafariDriver - Run Safari browser seamlessly when running tests.
- GeckoDriver - Run Gecko browser seamlessly when running tests.
- EdgeDriver - Run Microsoft Edge browser seamlessly when running tests.
- Gmail - Fetch e-mails from Google Mail.
- Intercept - Capture and assert HTTP ajax calls.
- Zafira Listener - Report tests to Zafira Dashboard.
- Report Portal - Service used by Report Portal Reporter.
- Docker - Helps run functional/integration tests against/using containerized applications.
- WireMock - Run WireMock seamlessly when running tests.
- Slack - Send test results as a slack notification/message to channels.
- LambdaTest - Manage tunnel and job metadata for LambdaTest users.
- Image Comparison (Visual Regression Testing) - Image comparison and visual regression testing.
- Ng-apimock - Service used by @ng-apimock/core.
- Novus Visual Regression - Visual regression testing.
- Re-run - Tracks failing tests and scenarios, allowing failing or unstable tests or scenarios to be re-run.
- winappdriver - Run WinAppDriver server seamlessly when running tests.
- ywinappdriver - Run ywinappdriver server seamlessly when running tests.
- PerformanceTotal - Analyze performance of test automated flows.
- CleanupTotal - Proper cleanup after each test made easy.
- AWS Device Farm - AWS Device Farm service.
- OCR service for Appium Native Apps - Run Tesseract OCR for Appium Native App tests.
- Auto-detect missing imports w/eslint - Automatically run eslint checks prior to executing tests.
- WebdriverIO Community Reporters - A set of community maintained reporters.
- Report Portal - Report results to Report Portal.
- Video - Makes videos of failed tests and has optional allure integration.
- HTML - Generates a nice HTML report.
- JSON - Report results in JSON format.
- Mochawesome - Report results in Mochawesome format.
- Timeline - Report results in an aggregated visualisation interface.
- CucumberJS - Report results in CucumberJS JSON format.
- Markdown - Report results in Markdown format.
- Delta Reporter - Report results in Delta Reporter format.
- Teamcity - Report results to the build results page of Teamcity Portal.
- wdio-wait-for - A lightweight library of useful expected conditions for the WebdriverIO framework.
- @wdio/schematics - A schematic to add WebdriverIO to an Angular project.
- @badisi/wdio-harness - WebdriverIO support for Angular component test harnesses.
- @rbnx/webdriverio - Nx plugin that adds WebdriverIO support to a Nx workspace.
- @rahularanger/WTicks - A tool for exporting Selenium
.sidefiles into a WebdriverIO script.
Research & Training
- Ross Addinall | 20-Apr-21 - Cypress vs WebDriverIO.
- UI Automation with WebdriverIO - By Julia Pottinger.
- Automated Software Testing with WebdriverIO - By Kaniel Outis.
- WebdriverIO - Tutorial for beginners - By Automation Bro.
- Learn WebdriverIO Course - By Kevin Lamping.
- WebdriverIO : NETWORK LOGS - By Seventeenth Sep.
- WebdriverIO with TypeScript and BDD Framework - By TestAutomationHub.
- Electron Testing with WebdriverIO - By Christian Bromann.
- My favourite features of WebdriverIO - By Julia Pottinger.
- The Nuts and Bolts of WebdriverIO - By Christian Bromann.
- Using WebdriverIO with Data Provider - By Kumar Vikram.
- Scale Your Automated Testing with BrowserStack and WebdriverIO - By Kevin Lamping.
- WebdriverIO - Bootstrap your test suite in mins - By Shweta Varma.
- Web App Testing with WebdriverIO - By Kevin Lamping.
- Enhanced Test Automation with WebdriverIO: Unlock the superpowers of hybrid testing frameworks - Elevate your testing game to the next level using advanced techniques and proven strategies with this book for WebdriverIO beginners and automation pros alike.
- The Web App Testing Guidebook - Covers everything you need to know to get off the ground with UI testing. Examples are built using real-world scenarios, showing how you would actually write your tests. It's a step-by-step guide on how to effectively write UI test automation for the real world.
- Practical WebDriverIO - Teaches you intermediate and advanced methods for using WebDriverIO APIs.
- Boilerplate Projects - Over time, our community has developed several projects that you can use as inspiration to set up your own test suite.